03 Mar Obtaining a commercial license in Dubai
Obtaining a commercial license in Dubai is a necessary procedure in order to legally practice an investment business in Dubai. For decades, the Emirate of Dubai in the United Arab Emirates has received great interest from investors and businessmen of various nationalities, and Dubai has become the dream of every investor.
The investment sectors in the Emirate of Dubai and its free zones are diverse, and the government is working to facilitate investment operations in various sectors by providing all services and facilities that serve investors and pave the way for successful investment operations and attract more investors.
In this article, we will discuss how to obtain a commercial license in Dubai and the steps, methods and costs of obtaining the license, which is the most important legal procedure for investment and business establishment in the Emirate of Dubai.
Steps to obtain a commercial license in Dubai
Issuing a commercial license in Dubai requires documents and papers related to the company to be submitted to the relevant government agencies and payment of several fees. Therefore, the process of obtaining a commercial license in Dubai goes through a set of steps, which we discuss in the following points:
- Determine the nature of the activity appropriate to the idea of the project, which is the first step, which entails the rest of the steps and legal procedures, Economic activities in Dubai vary between commercial, industrial, service, tourism, agricultural and many other activities.
- Choose a business name Appropriate to the nature of the activity in which the company or establishment will operate and then register it with the Department of Economic Development in Dubai in accordance with the conditions stipulated by the laws and regulations, which is an essential step for obtaining a commercial license in Dubai. The conditions are:
- Choosing a trade name related to and expressing the nature of economic activity.
- The trade name should not include inappropriate or inappropriate words.
- The trade name should not be similar to the name of another company or government entity.
- It does not contain any of the names of His Majesty.
- Determine the legal form Appropriate to the nature of the activity of the company or establishment is an important step for obtaining a commercial license in Dubai. There are also many legal forms for companies in Dubai as follows:
- Solidarity Company.
- Simple Recommendation Company.
- A limited liability company.
- Public contribution.
- private contribution.
- Commercial representative office.
- Civil works company.
- A branch of a local company.
- A branch of a Gulf company.
- A branch of a foreign company.
- Free Zone Company Branch.
- Individual Foundation.
- holding company.
- Obtaining the initial approval From the competent authorities regarding (trade name, Nature of the activity, The legal form) that they were selected in the previous steps in order to complete the rest of the following steps properly to obtain a commercial license in Dubai.
- Choosing an office space for work , because obtaining a commercial license requires that there be a physical location for the company, whether renting or owning, and that it be documented by the relevant authorities to obtain a commercial license in Dubai.
- Obtaining additional approvals from the concerned authorities for these activities, such as:
- Municipality Department in Dubai.
- The Telecommunications Regulatory Authority.
- executive board.
- The Ministry of Economy.
- Dubai Health Authority.
- Supreme Petroleum Council.
- Ministry of Interior Affairs.
- Ministry of Justice.
- Receiving the trade license, which is the last step after paying all the fees, then registering with the UAE Chamber of Commerce, and here it is possible to practice the investment activity legally in Dubai.
These are the steps for obtaining a commercial license in Dubai, after which it is possible to start investment work in the Emirate of Dubai or the free zones in the emirate with the utmost ease.
Ways to obtain a trade license in Dubai
For flexibility in the process of obtaining a commercial license in Dubai, The UAE government has provided two ways to obtain a trade license as follows:
- through a service center
- Apply through one of the service centers affiliated to Dubai Economy.
- Sending requirements via the center’s e-mail.
- Pay by one of the available payment methods.
- Obtaining a trade license.
- Through the online platform “Invest in Dubai”
In the case of prior initial approval:
- You need to specify the location details.
- Submit legal documents.
- Payment by means of payment.
- Obtaining the final license and documents.
In case of non-pre-approval:
- Log in to the platform’s website.
- Determine the business.
- Adding the parties to the commercial license and their nationalities.
- Determine the legal form of the company.
- Choose the type of commercial license according to the nature of the activity.
- Add details related to the trade license.
- Enter the details of the parties to the license.
- Determine the real beneficiary of the company.
- Confirm the added data.
- Pay the trade license fees in Dubai via payment methods.
- Issuance of the initial approval.
- Determine the company’s workplace details.
- Submit the required legal documents.
- Pay the trade license fees in Dubai using the available payment methods.
- Receipt of the final license and company documents.
The cost of obtaining a commercial license in Dubai
- 600 AED for the trade license registration fee.
- AED 10 is approximately the value of the innovation dirham fee.
- About 10 AED Knowledge Dirham fees.
- Approximately 350 AED fees for commercial name advertisements.
- About 50 dirhams for the trade license renewal application form.
- Between one thousand UAE dirhams and three thousand UAE dirhams are foreign trade name fees.
- Approximately three thousand UAE dirhams, commercial activity fees.
- About three thousand dirhams of investment activities fees.
- Approximately three thousand dirhams fees for activities related to building contracting.
- Approximately five thousand dirhams for the business center fee.
- Approximately 100 dirhams special fees for obtaining the initial approval.
- Fees for issuing the company name, estimated at 210 dirhams.
- Issuance of licenses, the fees of which vary according to the nature of the activity, for example, a professional business license fee of about 550 dirhams. The fee for obtaining a commercial and industrial license is about 600 dirhams.
- The fee for receiving and printing licenses is 50 dirhams.
Looking for help in obtaining a commercial license in Dubai?
Issuing a commercial license in Dubai needs an expert in the field of investment and business establishment in Dubai and the rules and regulations in the city in order to benefit from time, not waste money, obtain licenses and take over all procedures as soon as possible.
Our team is here to help without you having to put in any effort. Just contact our team and you will get all the services to obtain a commercial license in Dubai. Examples of our services:
- Providing assistance to enter the investment market and establish companies in the Emirate of Dubai.
- We undertake all procedures with government agencies as quickly as possible, at the lowest costs and with the highest efficiency.
- Issuing a commercial license for all activities and submitting the required documents to the competent authorities in Dubai.
- Providing the necessary legal advice by the most efficient business advisors and service providers.
- Provide practical solutions appropriate to the nature of the various economic activities in Dubai .
- Technical support for inquiries 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- We offer distinctive and unique packages to reduce the necessary cost as much as possible, according to the investor’s budget.
- Providing office space and warehouses for rent in various spaces according to the needs of work in various activities.
In this article, we have covered the steps for obtaining a commercial license in Dubai, and presented ways to obtain a commercial license and the costs involved. We also provide you with an integrated set of services and consulting from A to Z.
Contact our team now and get legal advice in order to take steady and confident steps in the field of investment in Dubai and free zones.
Contact us today and get a free consultation to implement all your business plans!